Saturday, June 12, 2010

Sometimes

I find myself incapable at times, incapable of fixing problems, of saying the right thing, of giving the proper advice, of even being able to say anything at all. And you know, that's okay because sometimes.. people don't vent to you, they don't talk to you, they don't tell you their problems, they don't come to you for you to have every answer, for you to fix all of their problems, for you to make their life right. Sometimes.. most of the time.. all they need is for you to listen. I feel like, a lot of the time that's all we're really looking for. We want to know that we aren't the only ones that can hear the sound of our own voices. We want to know that we aren't alone. We want to know that someone gives enough of a damn to sit there, not decide that they know what's best for you and try to fix everything, and just listen. It's a simple act really, but it has profound implications, imagine that. Just to listen, to a complete stranger or just a best friend. It can make the world of difference to people, it can make the world of difference to you. Random thought really, I try my best to always be someone that people can come to talk to because I understand the power that just listening has. I may not have all the answers, but I do have two ears and they work quite well actually.


"Listening is a magnetic and strange thing, a creative force. The friends who listen to us are the ones we move toward. When we are listened to, it creates us, makes us unfold and expand."--Random Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment